Friday, February 26, 2010

Old Skool


Whenever I'm in my intro to sound class looking at the 4 track recorders I think to myself "I wish Ludwig was here so he could do this shit for me"


I gotta' say, things are a little intimidating in this new world. Still, I'm shocked at how similar this whole process is to film editing. Threading the tape felt like loading a 16mm projector, cross fading cuts in final cut make more sense and isolating audio through channels on the mixing console is just like isolating layers in any non-linear editing program.

I can't wait to post some sick audio on here. Still, I can't imagine the damage Ludwig could do in this place.

Is it possible the next Kevin Gannon Radio will be recorded on quarter inch tape? We shall see.

1 comment:

LudwigLongPlay said...

KEVIN YES
KEVIN YES
LETS DEAL EM ALL SOME SERIOUS EAR DAMAGE
im jealous of that class yer taking. I gotta go to art school, i over this.