Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday night art fart

I felt like making something today but didn't feel like drawing, writing or filming anything. I have a shit load of paints I bought last year as an investment for times like these and I whipped them out. 

I decided to attempt painting a Triffid. I'm a terrible painter but thought maybe tonight would be different. 

Guess what?

Tonight wasn't different. 

I failed miserably at rendering a triffid. I painted over it and tried again. Fail. Then again. Major fail. After a thick layer of paint was covering my precious triffids I took my palette and tossed it on the canvas saying "fuck this I prefer the paint bucket tool in photoshop"

I pulled the palette off and liked what I saw. I put more paint on it here and there and tried my best attempt at a flattened Pollock. How's that Ezra?

Here's the big question. Which would go in the Museum? The piece?


Or the palette?



You decide. I vote palette because it would piss people off. More realistically, I think I'll be using this piece as a gigantic coaster.

7 comments:

LudwigLongPlay said...

i think you should just get over it and throw it out..


SIKE JUST KIDDING, the palette

Kevin Patrick Gannon said...

I came up with a much better solution:
Use them both as palettes

emily said...

Did the pallet get its flu shot?

Carlos Galarza said...

The Pallet. Because its a statement that anything can become art. Also Kevin, the point of tags is that people can click on them and find all related posts. You CAN'T just make up different tags EVERY TIME you post something. Defeats the purpose.

Kevin Patrick Gannon said...

I thought tags also helped google searches.

I'm a post modern tagger, I guess. Acknowledge the idea of a tag through the tag

LudwigLongPlay said...

post modern tagger, love it

Anonymous said...

do you intend to keep it? or throw it out...because i would like your painting.. its looks interesting. how big is it?