Sunday, February 10, 2008

Change.

I'm a little sad. A pretty big thing happened to me over the weekend. Something that changes a lot. Puts a lot of things into perspective. Between college, art, taste, friends, relationships and even habits, change is really making her rounds. I feel like a snow globe that just got shook up by a violent 7 year old who's coming down from his ritalin high. When I stay still, all the little snow flakes that are my guts and blood slowly float back down to where they should be. It's only when I sit still that I can let them do so, but who the hell wants to sit still?

Frankly, I need to do more. I lost something special this weekend and it would be easy for me to sit down and sulk in sadness. Instead, I'm doing the exact opposite. More work, that is the key. I need to draw more, write more, film more. That is why I am about to go draw something wonderful and that is also why I declare this: it's movie time baby. I want to get together with my pals and relax from this experimental stuff I have been doing and shoot a movie just like the old days.
3 acts. Narrative. Funny. The works.

Oh boy. I already feel better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

das ma boooooi

Anonymous said...

whoever said change was bad. in fact, it's pretty great, but hey, we all do understand. You're gonna be a-okay, pal. t.c.b., baby.

MaTaCo dot com said...

cinema!!!!!!!

Carol Lee said...

being active is the way to go. and your latest drawing is sick. i love it.

Anonymous said...

Stay busy. A full life has sad times and happy times. Make a funny, narrative movie, get your hair cut, help someone who needs it and buy some new clothes. The days are getting longer and light is returning to our world. Be thankful. The universe is unfolding as it should.