Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mr. Gannon Goes To Washington

Good news, folks. The unofficial winter hiatus is finally over. Why? I'm hitting the road, baby!


It all started a few weeks ago when I was still in school. Preston and I watched the Frank Capra masterpiece Mr. Smith Goes To Washington and as the fireplace roared, drink in hand, I couldn't help feel like I was missing something.

Somewhere beneath that good ol' gilded American propaganda was a strong message. I couldn't help but wonder: where do we draw the line between fanaticism and patriotism? Am I a bona fide American or a flag waving loonie? More importantly, why haven't I been to my nation's capital to visit the many monuments that tribute the rich history this land has behind her?

Well, I called my parents and told em' it was time to hit up D.C. Tickets are bought and tomorrow afternoon I'm getting on a train and commencing my patriotic vision quest.

For the first time in a long while I have something worth blogging about. Thank god, I thought I'd have to wait for the semester to kick off.

Get ready everyone. Tomorrow will kick off the first episode of Mr. Gannon Goes To Washington!

Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

emx said...

I cant wait to bond with the Terra Cotta warriors.