Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Flies, Birdshit and a Good Omen

One of my favorite posts Ludwig has written in his career as a successful blogger popped up last week. I will properly link it here, but to paraphrase it roughly went as follows:

"My hair was in my eyes and it was pissing me off. 
Right there and then I said "God, please stop the
wind from blowing my bangs into my eyeballs"
Right then and there a bird shat right on my forehead. 
God answered. I laughed all the way to work"

This has been on my mind lately because, frankly, it's hilarious and defines life beautifully. Today I was walking through Millennium park and starving. I was thinking about where to get grub but nothing in the loop really satisfied me (and those that did were notorious for long lines come lunch time). I said, literally, out loud:

"God, I'm fucking hungry. This sucks."

Right then and there, a very large fly flew into my mouth. To the shock and horror of the crowd I stopped walking, wrestled with it and gave in: "gulp"
I swallowed that sucker. Immediately I thought "this is hilarious" but then realized something: Ludwig's done it.



On the topic of Ludwig it's worth mentioning something. He has formed the Good Omen again and this time with an all star cast. The demo is out and (though rough) it's fucking good. It's a foreshadowing of what's to come. I can't wait until these guys get in a studio and churn out some real deal masterpieces. 


Best wishes, Good Omen, from yer' brother on the Journey. Kdog.

2 comments:

LudwigLongPlay said...

thanks to you my site statistics went through the roof. love u

LudwigLongPlay said...

and oh my god, thats hillarious, life is beautiful, we should do a movie of these little life vignettes