Monday, July 21, 2008

You have got to be kidding me...

Dallas county Commissioner John Wiley Price was outraged when a fellow commissioner used the term "Black Hole" to describe how the council had been spending money or something of the sort. Price was really, really upset. He was deeply insulted claiming that the term black hole is racist. In fact, another commissioner chimed in also claiming to have taken insult and demanded an apology. The video can be watched here.

My response to this?
First my jaw dropped. Then, after blushing in embarrassment for the human race I couldn't help but mutter "You got to be fucking kidding me..." 

I pray, I really do, that there are no readers right now who actually see any legitimacy in that councilman's argument. If so, I think you are an asshole. If you think that makes me a racist, you are even more of an asshole. A black hole is a scientific phenomenon and it has nothing to do with race. It's a very, very dark hole. It's black. It sucks things up, even light, thus, appearing BLACK. Not white, not grey, not magenta or green. Black. 

It's sad that this is what the world is coming to. I mean, I should relax a little bit because I'm sure no one actually takes this moron seriously, but the idea that someone who holds political power of any kind can be so delusional scares me. To have have such tunnel vision, to find ugliness in a statement as innocent as this, that just seems like something that would dictate how one does his/her job. Every time someone brings up stupid shit like this it mocks everyone else who has ever actually been a victim of racism. Of any sort. I think it's deplorable, I think it's pathetic, I think it's damaging to social harmony across the board and I think it makes you a big fat asswipe.

After doing a Google search on this John Wiley Price character I came across his website and it all sunk in. I mean, look at this. He wants so bad to be a celebrity but accidentally got into politics. I considered deleting this post because it's just giving him what he wants but I just can't help it. What a dick. 

Since I can smell a fellow megalomaniac from a mile away and I am 100% certain this cat does a Google search on his name every week, I, Kevin Gannon, personally call him out in hopes he reads this:

Mr. Price, you are a silly little blockhead. If you wish to rebuttal do so in the comments section. I wouldn't mind the traffic, just like you.

Idiot.

P.S
It's funny. I googled "Black Holes" as well and they sort of look like what Mr. Price is. An asshole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

human beings are idiots. hes probably on the cult side of religion and never learned 3rd grade science. yo kevin wanna go into politics. apparently anybody can do it.

Miss Lix said...

black hole n.
An object so dense that light cannot escape from it.

WHAT? IS HE CALLING THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITY DENSE?