Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Farting Art

As I have opened nearly 90% of every post with this month: "Since the semester is wrapping up I have a lot of work to do!"

There I said it again. Sorry.

As the semester winds down I only have three big, big, big projects left. The Hives (which, are coming out awesome), the one I started today and a film which I have to write tonight and shoot this weekend.

What I started today is pretty fun. I decided to do my final for my research class about the one thing I have researched pretty thoroughly so half the work is done already. Dreams.

I have over an hour of those dream logs and I listened to them today and wrote down characters that stuck out to me. I'm going to draw them, frame them beautifully and then throw another element into the equation. You know, to take it to the next level. 

Here is the first one. A Cop who I encountered a few weeks ago and he was giving me shit. It was sort of a nightmare but then the wind blew and his hat flew off and he went after it. I ran home.

Also I printed the hives on some nice friggin' paper and framed em'. There are 15 but 12 in this photo. I absolutely love how they are coming out. This week I print that tattoos and then booyah I got me some nice art.


That's it, sugar.

2 comments:

Carlos Galarza said...

the hives look beautiful. i was a little skeptical when you first announced it, but you proved me wrong. as for the police officer, i see you got a lot better at drawing a real human being since being in art school. you should stay at this style though, it makes it your own. don't you dare draw a realistic looking human being.

Kevin Patrick Gannon said...

Thanks man. I couldn't if I tried