Thursday, October 1, 2009

Captain's Log: No fridge

I love mildly rainy afternoons. The air is crisp, the light is easy on the eyes and there isn't much foot traffic outside (which means I can keep the curtains open without feeling like a Zoo attraction). Preston had the right idea and fell asleep on the futon. I have dibs on it when he wakes up.

I have been watching the first season of Star Trek remasters in glorious HD (with a few added CGI effects that really ruin it, but hey, it's better than nothing), drinking tea and taking in this perfect day. 


In other news, our fridge broke (again) and Preston and I lost a lot of food. We have been living off of frozen goods since the freezer works fine. It's been a bit of a bummer but today we got a call from the Landlord who said tomorrow we are getting a brand spanking new, beautiful fridge. I can't wait. The only problem is that we didn't notice the thing had turned off for what seems to be at least a day or two. That means all of our food has been sitting in there slowly rotting away. It smells like pure, undiluted shit that was wrapped in an onion, fermented in urine and then buried deep below the earth for hundreds of years. We have to clean it out before the new fridge comes (we don't want to be assholes and send this one off filled with rotting corpses for some poor schmuck to put in the back of his truck) so I'm building up the courage to take care of business later tonight.


Not something I'm looking forward to.

No comments: