Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fashionistas?

I have an idea for a photo shoot (luckily, I have decided to do it on my own time so there are no deadlines) involving my Corporate Camouflage I made a few weeks back.

Problem is, one element of the piece will require a great deal of collaboration. You see, I intend on getting that camouflage printed onto a few yards of fabric and then getting someone to sew together a military uniform of perfect detail out of it. Something like this:


I don't want to get into the specifics because I think it's actually a really solid idea and don't want it out there until I'm hanging a gigantic print on the wall.

I'm a schmuck with a sewing machine and have no idea how much time this would take and if it's even a reasonable thing to ask of someone. I would pay the individual unless they refuse, which, in this economy, I doubt will happen. 

While that works itself out I'm figuring the money out. This project (unlike most I usually make) will actually require a bit of cash. Yeesh. Making Art Farts can be expensive.

I'm trying to hit up the fashion department kids at my school. Are you one? Do you know many? If so, please let me know. 

4 comments:

LudwigLongPlay said...

why don't you just buy camouflage fabric instead of printing it? cut some costs? unless you want to make that too which i understando.

you should learn how to sew, that would be interesting, you'd probably start making your own shit all the time.

LudwigLongPlay said...

OHOHHH I GET IT, right never mind dude, corporate camouflage. Holla, that'll be mad ill, can you make one for me that just says, Kevin gannon + Ludwig persik allover it?

that would be the supremest of supreme team camouflage items.

emx said...

Yo' momma sews.

gina said...

that sounds fantastic so far. unfortunately i'm a shit patternmaker/sewer. good luck!