Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Radio Fail


Wow. I feel like I have been gone for months. Has it been that long?
Obviously things got pretty busy in the past couple of days. Thanksgiving had me munching on grub back in the home state and Miller High Life had me too tired to touch a keyboard for most of the trip. 

A few friends were supposed to come over but the plans fell through which meant the days prior to turkey eating (we celebrate late) were very boring. I didn't really know what to do so at one point I found myself recording a radio show. The "Kevin Gannon Back To Basics Thanksgiving Special" or "KGBBTS" as I liked to call it. It was nice to be sitting in the third floor bedroom of Connecticut all alone at night, sipping on a beer and talking into the microphone. It had been so long since I had a solo format and it was a lot harder than I remembered. 

Needless to say, I have three godawful radio shows. I have never listened to an episode and thought it was so bad that I didn't post it. Either my standards are getting higher or my radio is getting worst.

On the third night I got about 15 minutes into one and literally, had to stop recording. It was a failure. It's still fun to listen to and I felt like I should share my first and (hopefully last) radio fail with you all. It's better than nothing and honestly folks, right now, I got nothing. Hit the link to listen.


Also, if you are a n00b and want to enjoy a real show click on any of the beautiful pictures to the right. I suggest "The Camp Out Special", "The Reunion Special" or (the crowd favorite) "Cooking With Kevin and Ludwig".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kevy, your family read this post and were really sad. We thought you had a great time! :(

emx said...

Good bread, good meat, good God, let's eat.
Some people were too busy at Thanksgiving to be bored.
xxoo

LudwigLongPlay said...

this is such a fail even Imeem is like, NAH!

"PROCESSING COME BACK LATER YA GEEZER"

Kevin Patrick Gannon said...

Brighid you missed the context.

This was the wee hours of the night on the days before thanksgiving. Everyone was sleeping. Don't take offense.