Sunday, November 1, 2009

Deep Sleepin'

I suck at sleeping. When I lay my head down to get a good nights rest I can't help but think about the things that stress me out during the day. I think about fighting bullies from my past, telling off assholes I encountered on the train or saving the world from a terrorist attack. Essentially, when I'm finally supposed to turn off and rest my brain decides to work extra hard. It sucks. 

I tried everything and gave up hope. I was looking for advice online (again) and I decided to try white noise. I listened to the white noise machines that were the most recommended. I didn't like how they sounded and decided to ditch the idea. Instead, I downloaded a "Relaxation Track" from iTunes. It's of a soft rain storm with occasional distant thunder. Turned it into an hour long play list, cranked the speaker and before I go to sleep I have them streaming wirelessly from across the room. 

Has it worked?

Holy shit, yes. I have been getting the best sleep of my life for the past few days. I fall asleep faster, I wake up less and I have wonderfully pleasant dreams. It's amazing. In all honesty, it's one of the best things I have done for myself in a long while. I had a picture taken of me last night in the middle of my slumbers. I look so beautiful, so at peace and so rejuvenated:


If you have trouble sleeping too, I would suggest picking a sound you find relaxing and doing this. It might help.

4 comments:

LudwigLongPlay said...

ahahahAHAHAHAHHA

emx said...

FInally. Sleep is so important. No more crazy dreams.

Daniel said...

It doesn't look like that's a photograph bud...I think someone took hours and hours to paint you last night.

The Revolution said...

the revolution thinks you're hot