Sunday, August 9, 2009

Panoramdemic

Last night at an impromptu blog summit Ludwig Persik and I were talking about the power of images (shopped or not) in a post. Frankly, we both agree that people generally read less if there is a shit load of text staring at them without any visual aid every few paragraphs. Usually, I try to never have a boring, plain text post but shit happens and every so often I break my own rule. 

My 3 mega pixel LGENV3 (Verizon, please don't advertise on my blog. I hate you.) is pretty handy when it comes to capturing whatever it is I need to put online. She's always in my pocket and takes decent photos for a telephone.

Still, Ludwig was playing around with my nicer Kodak (which I rarely use) and he sparked a little fun into me. I was also playing around with it today and I realized it has a panorama mode! Schwing!


First thing I did was climb out onto my shitty, dangerous fire escape (which I'm sure breaks fire codes) and took a few shots of the mighty and majestic Houston street. 

That's nice but a little cliche. Needs some more, how can I say this? Beauty.


Ah, much better.

4 comments:

LudwigLongPlay said...

OOHOHHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTTT

Carlos Galarza said...

Would still be better to have 20 pic panarama. haha your mom has a better gadget then you. And you call yourself a nerd.

NICE GOING EMILY, INTERNET HIGH FIVE

Sorry, I've been watching a lot of How I Met Your Mother.

Ezra Salzman-Gubbay said...

Your phone might also have a panorama mode. The dare does and I think the features are pretty much identical to the env.

Kevin Patrick Gannon said...

Damn, they must have skimped out on the ENV.

Question is, does the "1...2...3...CHEESE!" chime feature?